2013 Call for Applications : Incheon Art Platform Artists-in-Residence(for foreigners)
Incheon Art Platform Artists-in-Residence 2013
Call for Applications(for foreigners)
Incheon Art Platform offers an artist-in-residence program to support artists, art researchers and humanitarians who wish to pursue creative activities in Incheon. Applications are invited from people in art-related fields who would like to produce works, conduct research, etc., during their stay in Incheon.
1. Application Period 1st November – 15th November 2012
2. Application Deadline 6pm 15th November 2012 (Koreatime, to be strictly observed)
3. Discipline Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Humanities/Research, etc.
4. How to apply The online application procedures at www.inartplatform.kr to be followed.
5. Duration of Stay 3months
(a) March 2 ~ May 30, 2013
(b) June 1 ~ August 30, 2013
(c) September 1 ~ November 29, 2013
(d) December 1, 2013 ~ February 28, 2014
* Applicants for 3-month term can choose two types of duration.
¡Ø Artists that are currently residing or previously resided at Incheon Art Platform through its Artists-in-Residence program are also eligible for application, and the maximum duration of stay is up to three years.
¡Ø The duration of stay may be extended based on IAP¡¯s internal review of the works created by artists-in-residence for three months after their joining of the program.
6. Qualification for Application
1) An artist or a group should be born before 15th October 1987(excluding undergraduate students).
2) The artist should be able to lead a community life with other artists in the residency. Admission given to only the actual occupant of studio.
3) The artist should be able to explain his or her artwork, and give lectures or workshops in English.
4) It is not allowed to bring families, children and animals.
5) Payment of taxes and dues.(related to the personal use of utilities such as electricity, tap water, air-conditioning and heating)
6) Cost of materials, travel, freight, food, artist fees, and other expenses are not paid for under the program. These costs should be borne by the participants. Program participants have to arrange their own delivery of materials for production of works, rehearsals, researches, and so on. After finishing the program, participants must submit a report to IAP.
7. Support Offered by the Program
1) Private studio and accommodation(one studio per person/per team, in principle)
¡Ø In principle, a performing artist resides in a private studio and is not given a separate practice room.
¡Ø Literature, research, and criticism offers only accommodation.
2) Airfare for residents from overseas.(Selected artists only by examination)
¡Ø one-time round trip economy class air ticket – reimbursement to be made only for those who submit the receipt after arrival in Korea)
3) Introduction to Korean art scenes, support for artist promotion, etc.
4) Production fees for local collaboration programs or projects in or by Incheon Art Platform, and space for presentation at IAP.
¡Ø Proposal will be required and some artist will be selected.
¡Ø The detail plan for arts activities to be submitted in March-April, a prior review and consultation to be made before providing support.
8. Application Procedure
a) Documentation submitted
- Completed application form
- Personal description
- Arts activity plan during the Artists-in-Residence program,
- CV focused on local/international arts activities.
- Work samples
* The resident should buy a traveler¡¯s insurance in his/her native country before departing for Korea and the copy of it should be submitted to IAP after arrival. and should submit their medical checkup reports.
- The image file extension should be *.jpg(RGB mode) or *.ppt to be submitted in the form of a digital file.(captions included) It should not exceed 20 pages per file and the total file size should not exceed 50MB (1MB or less per page)
- The video file extension should be *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4 and should not exceed 5 minutes. (artists can provide three files or more, the total file size should not exceed 700MB.)
|- Books, brochures, data during the recent three years(Scan after uploading) |
- Video, performance photo(file type same as above)
|- Poem : more than 10 works |
- Novel, theater, fairy-tale, prose : short story-more than 3 works, middle story-more than 2 works, long story-more than 1work.
- Research, study, criticism : more than 5 works
- The text file extension should be *.hwp, *.doc, *pdf to be submitted in the form of a digital file. (image, video file type is same as above)
b) How to apply
- The online application procedures at www.inartplatform.kr to be followed. Application is only available through our website procedures.
- The online application will be closed at 18:00 November 15 (Tue), 2012 (Korea Time). As you may expect a rush in the traffic when the deadline approaches, please prepare and submit your application in advance if you can.
- Please be advised that the application will not be accepted and registered after the deadline, which means that the applicant must fill out the application within the deadline.
- All documents for the application should, in principle, be submitted online at IAP¡¯s website. If it is not possible, the applicant may send them to us via registered mail. Email or in-visit submission is not available. (If the applicant wishes to send those documents via registered mail, he or she shall obtain the consent from IAP though an email or phone confirmation and make sure that they arrive no later than November 16(Tue), 2012. Any disadvantage incurred as a result of an error in the application, incomplete/lack of required documents, inability to confirm their arrival, etc. shall be borne by the applicant, and the received documents will not be returned.)
9. Selection Procedure and Notification
1) The Selection Committee comprising art professionals will strictly screen all participants.
2) We may requires interview on E-mail or telephone during November 12-18, 2012
3) The final decision will be informed by last of December, 2012 (notification date to be determined) and will be posted on the website of Incheon Art Platform: www.inartplatform.kr)
a) The incomplete and insufficient provision of information in the submitted documents may be subject to disadvantages in the selection review process.
b) The received documents will not be returned, and if false information is revealed, the appointment decision of an artist is in question will be canceled.
c) Any disadvantages incurred as a result of not fully understanding the content of this announcement will be borne by the applicant and Incheon Art Platform shall not be held responsible for it.
• Phone: 82.32.760.1006
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Address: Incheon Art Platform, 400-021 10-1 Haean-dong 1ga, Jung-gu, Incheon, S.Korea
- Residence application (application from, letter of self-introduction, arts activity plan, CV)
October 18, 2012.
Director of Inchen Art Platform