Started in 2018, based in Seoul and Incheon
• Term : Mar, 2019 - Jan, 2020
COR3A is an abbreviation of ‘Coders of Rave, Electronic Arts’ and started through the collaboration of three artists (KWON Hyunwoo, BYUN Junhyung, and HEO Junhyeok) in 2018. Based on activities in forms such as electronic art, sound art and media art that uses coding, their fundamental direction for creation is Algorave—a mix of ‘algorithms’ (a concept used in coding), and ‘rave’ (which represents the culture of EDM) . By combining electronic art, the artistic side of sound art, and popular aspects of rave culture, they aim to show us the various aspects of art.
During the residency, they will convert various data into sound for the work Public Sound. All members will collect data, categorize them by subjects, and create algorithms and accumulate random data. Various data related to Incheon will be accumulated and categorized through their own filters. The resulting data will be recreated as a piece of sound that forms the skeleton of the work, and the process will be done through algorithm construction and sound synthesis through coding.
- Kwon Hyunwoo : Sangmyung Unv. Music Technology Doctorate completion, Doctor course
- Heo Junhyeok : Hanyang Unv, Department of Nuclear Engineering, Seoul
- Byun Junhyung : Berklee Unv, Music Production & Engineering BFA, Boston, USA
Sangmyung Unv. Music Technology Doctorate completion MFA, seoul
- <Ritual>, Banjul, Seoul, 2017
- <Ritual>, Incheon Art Platform, Incheon, 2015
- <Society of dead improvisers>, Banjul, Seoul, 2014